Our Sofa Legs Are Not Just for Sofas
Our sofa legs are not just for the sofa. They also fit well and look well on chairs, ottomans, and other furniture items.
The Importance of Good Sofa Legs
Your entire sofa, chair, ottoman and other furniture pieces rest on the leg. If the leg is loose or otherwise defective, the result can be an uncomfortable use of the furniture. Defective legs can lead to structural damage to the furniture item because of uneven stress loads being placed on the frame. It is important, not only for appearance sake, but also for the well being of your furniture to keep the legs in good repair.
Change the Style or Height of Your Furniture with New Legs
Even if your legs are still in good condition, you may wish to add new legs for function or appearance sake. Purchasing longer legs than are presently installed will raise the height of the furniture item from the floor. Of course, shorter legs will lower the height. An easy cost effective way to alter the style of your furniture is with the installation of new legs. There are many styles, color, and finishes from which to choose.
Leg Daddy 5 1/2" Unfinished Bend Leg
Hanger Bolts and T-Nuts
- This leg comes with no hanger bolt installed, allowing the consumer to install either a 5/16", an M10 Metric Hanger Bolt, or an M8 Metric Hanger Bolt. All hanger bolt sizes are available under "Related Products" along the right side of this page.
- The leg is attached to the furniture item with either a 5/16" hanger bolt, an M10 Metric Hanger Bolt, or an M8 Hanger Bolt. Attachment and removal of the leg is easy. The leg is simply turned to the right to install and to the left to remove. This wooden leg is unfinished, allowing the consumer to apply the finish of their choice. The wood is strong and durable and is equipped with a plastic glide on the bottom of the leg.
- This 5 1/2" Wood Couch Leg also features a unique mounting system, with a hanger bolt plus a regular wood screw combined. First, you attach the leg using the hanger bolt, and once it's in place, screw the included wood screw through the pre-drilled hole (pictured above) and into the frame of the couch. This unique combination helps keep the leg in place and prevents any twisting.
A T-Nut is what the hanger bolt on this leg screws into on the furniture item onto which the leg is being installed. Over time T-Nuts can drop off. This often happens during a move. They can also become damaged as the furniture is moved for cleaning. If the T-Nut is missing or is defective, the hanger bolt leg will not install properly.
Sometimes the Installation Site for the Leg Is So Badly Damaged a T-Nut Cannot Be Installed
Sometime, due to trauma suffered by the leg and original T-Nut, the entire installation site for the leg may be so damaged that there is no way to install a new T-Nut. This is a situation where a T-Plate may be used to good advantage. The T-Plate is large enough to cover the entire installation site. It attaches with three wood screws into the sofa. In the middle of the T-Plate is the threaded nut into which the hanger bolt installs. The entire installation is strong, durable, secure, and safe.
Order Some T-Nuts / T-Plates with Your Sofa Leg
Take a look at the installation sites for your legs. Defective or missing T-Nuts can usually be detected by a visual examination. As an added check, try wiggling your old leg while it is installed to determine if it the T-Nut is loose. If you find missing or defective T-Nuts with your present legs, simply order replacements. Even if you find no defective T-Nuts, it is not a bad idea to keep some T-Nuts on hand for future leg problems.
Discounted T-Nuts / T-Plates
When purchased together with Sofa Legs, the price of the T-Nuts / T-Plates will be discounted automatically in the shopping cart. Please see the "We Also Recommend" tab for the T-Nuts or T-Plates.
Special Note on Hanger Bolts and T-Nuts
Discounted Sofa Legs When Purchased in Quantity
- Please be advised that there are three sizes of Hanger Bolts. Please carefully check the hanger bolt size on your present leg to assure that your new legs will be compatible. Both your present leg and your new leg need to have the same size hanger bolt. The common or standard Hanger Bolt size is 5/16".
- If your furniture item was manufactured in the United States, your Hanger Bolt is probably the 5/16" size.
- If your furniture is European / Italian, your Hanger Bolt is probably the Metric (M10) 10mm size. But, it may be our new M8 size. The M8 size hanger bolt is practically identical to the 5/16" hanger bolt in diameter, but the threading on the M8 is finer..
- Please see the Hanger Bolt Illustrations under "More Views" for a comparison view of the 5/16" Hanger Bolt, 10mm M10 Hanger Bolt, and the new 8mm M8 Hanger Bolt. Please note how to use a common Bic pen for a size comparison.
- Please note the Hanger Bolt Test Kit under "Related Products" along the right edge of this page. This kit can help you determine which hanger bolt size you need.
- If you are uncertain which size Hanger Bolt you need, please call for assistance.
This sofa leg is priced individually. Discounts are automatically applied as you increase the quantity in the shopping cart.
Color and Grain of Wood Furniture Legs
Please note that wood grows in a forest in the form of trees; it is not manufactured in a factory like plastic. As a result, every wooden chair leg is unique, with naturally-occurring variations in color, texture, and grain pattern. The color and variation of the grain is one of the distinguishing features of wood and makes it highly sought after as a material for sofa legs and fine furniture. Because wood is a natural material, each couch leg may differ slightly from the photographic representation shown on the website.
- Height: 5 1/2 inches
- Top Width: 3 inches x 1 3/4 inches
- Bottom Width: 2 1/4 inches x 1 3/4 inches
- Material Type: Hardwood
- Item: 404*1000040-0453-U