Our sofa legs are not just for the sofa. They also fit well and look well on chairs, ottomans, and other furniture items. Your entire sofa, chair, ottoman and other furniture pieces rest on the leg. If the leg is loose or otherwise defective, the result can be an uncomfortable use of the furniture. Defective legs can lead to structural damage to the furniture item because of uneven stress loads being placed on the frame. It is important, not only for appearance sake, but also for the well being of your furniture to keep the legs in good repair. Even if your legs are still in good condition, you may wish to add new legs for function or appearance sake. Purchasing longer legs than are presently installed will raise the height of the furniture item from the floor. Of course, shorter legs will lower the height. An easy cost effective way to alter the style of your furniture is with the installation of new legs. There are many styles, color, and finishes from which to choose.
- This leg is attached to the furniture item with a 5/16" hanger bolt. Attachment and removal of the leg is easy. The leg is simply turned to the right to install and to the left to remove. HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) is an extremely tough plastic which has high rigidity, good impact resistance, and high tensile strength. These qualities makes its application as a furniture leg very advantageous.
- This leg comes in a brilliant silver finish which will add style to any couch. Each leg features a rubber base to provide maximum grip and ultimate floor protection. Protect your hardwood, laminate, ceramic, tile, parquet, slate, stone, or marble hard floors by keeping your furniture from moving.
A T-Nut is what the hanger bolt on this leg screws into on the furniture item onto which the leg is being installed. Over time T-Nuts can drop off. This often happens during a move. They can also become damaged as the furniture is moved for cleaning. If the T-Nut is missing or is defective, the hanger bolt leg will not install properly. Sometime, due to trauma suffered by the leg and original T-Nut, the entire installation site for the leg may be so damaged that there is no way to install a new T-Nut. This is a situation where a T-Plate may be used to good advantage. The T-Plate is large enough to cover the entire installation site. It attaches with three wood screws into the sofa. In the middle of the T-Plate is the threaded nut into which the hanger bolt installs. The entire installation is strong, durable, secure, and safe. Take a look at the installation sites for your legs. Defective or missing T-Nuts can usually be detected by a visual examination. As an added check, try wiggling your old leg while it is installed to determine if it the T-Nut is loose. If you find missing or defective T-Nuts with your present legs, simply order replacements. Even if you find no defective T-Nuts, it is not a bad idea to keep some T-Nuts on hand for future leg problems. When purchased together with Sofa Legs, the price of the T-Nuts / T-Plates will be discounted automatically in the shopping cart. Please see the "We Also Recommend" tab for the T-Nuts or T-Plates.
- Please be advised that there are two sizes of Hanger Bolts and T-Nuts. Please carefully check the hanger bolt size on your present leg to assure that your new legs will be compatible. Both your present leg and your new leg need to have the same size hanger bolt. The Hanger Bolt on this leg is 5/16".
- If your furniture item was manufactured in the United States, your Hanger Bolt / T-Nut is probably the .
- If your furniture is European / Italian, your Hanger Bolt / T-Nut is probably the .
- Please see the Hanger Bolt Illustrations under More Views for a comparison view of the 5/16" Hanger Bolt and 10mm M10 Hanger Bolt. Please note how to use a common Bic pen for a size comparison.
- If you are uncertain which size Hanger Bolt / T-Nut you need, please call for assistance.
- Hanger Bolt Size: 5/16" Standard
- Height: 2-3/8"
- Width: 2-3/8"
- Material Type: HDPE (High Strength Plastic)
- Non-slip rubber feet help keep furniture from sliding on the floor